Sunday, June 14, 2009

About Me


I have been reading books for a very long time. Even though I'm slowly growing away from the ages that are designated for Young Adult books, I still love to read them and continue to do so. I wanted to do something to keep myself entertained as well as network with other people who share the same love for books that I do. My goal is to one day turn this blog into something special, and have made friends with other bloggers, readers and authors.


So the questions is, who is The Book Explorer?

My name is Shayla and I am currently 21 years old. I am a 4th year English Literature major at Baylor University, hoping to graduating in May 2010. I am working to become a book publisher after I graduate. Another dream of mine is to become a young adult book author myself one day, bringing the joy to teens that so many authors have brought to me.



What type of books do you like to read?

I mostly love to read Fantasy and Science Fiction. Paranormal Romance are also a favorite of mine. I have no problem reading all kinds of books however, and tend to read anything that sounds interesting to me.



What are my favorite books?

I love tons of books, but there are a few that I absolutely love to read over and over again. These books are, in order:

1) The Sevenwaters Trilogy - Juliet Marillier
2) Twilight Saga - Stephenie Meyer
3) Mortal Instruments - Cassandra Clare



“Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book." ~ Author Unknown

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails